Best PCC Red Dot Sights in 2023
* OpticsCountry is reader-supported. When you buy through links on my site, I may earn an affiliate commission.*
In this guide, I’m going to provide the Best PCC Red Dot Sights, which is the best red dot sight for you.
I’ve hand-tested more 10 Red Dot Sights for final list of best PCC Sights for you.
I’ve sorted the scopes by use. So whether you’re on a budget or need the best PCC Red Dot optics, you’ll find it here. You can check the best red dot magnifiers.
What is PCC Red Dot Sight
PCC stands for Pistol Caliber Carbine, which refers to firearms chambered in pistol calibers but designed in a carbine-style configuration. PCCs are popular for various shooting disciplines such as competition shooting, home defense, and recreational shooting.
PCC Red Dot Sights are specifically designed to be used on Pistol Caliber Carbines. They are compact, lightweight, and typically feature a red dot reticle for quick and easy target acquisition. These sights offer a wide field of view, allowing shooters to rapidly engage targets at close to medium distances.
PCC Red Dot Sights often have features that make them suitable for the unique characteristics of pistol caliber carbines, such as:
1. Enhanced Durability: PCCs can generate more recoil compared to handguns, so PCC Red Dot Sights are built to withstand the increased stress and recoil forces. They are constructed with durable materials and have shock-resistant designs.
2. Increased Battery Life: Some PCC Red Dot Sights have extended battery life, as PCCs are typically used in longer shooting sessions compared to handguns. This ensures that the sight remains powered during extended use.
3. Co-Witness Capability: Many PCC Red Dot Sights are designed to be co-witnessed with iron sights. This allows shooters to use both the red dot and iron sights simultaneously, providing backup aiming options in case of optic failure or for close-quarters shooting.
4. Adjustable Brightness Settings: PCC Red Dot Sights often offer multiple brightness settings to accommodate different lighting conditions. This ensures that the reticle is clearly visible regardless of whether you’re shooting indoors or outdoors.
When choosing a PCC Red Dot Sight, consider factors such as durability, battery life, reticle size, mounting options, and your specific shooting needs. It’s always a good idea to read reviews, compare different models, and, if possible, try them out firsthand to find the one that best suits your requirements and preferences.
Best PCC Red Dot Sights
There are several excellent PCC (Pistol Caliber Carbine) Red Dot sights available on the market, and the best choice for you will depend on your specific needs, preferences, and budget. Here are some popular options to consider:
1. Trijicon MRO (Miniature Rifle Optic)
The Trijicon MRO is a compact and rugged red dot sight known for its durability and clarity. It offers a large objective lens for a wide field of view and has adjustable brightness settings. The MRO is highly regarded for its robust construction and excellent battery life.
The Trijicon MRO (Miniature Rifle Optic) is a popular red dot sight known for its compact size, durability, and optical performance. Here are some pros and cons of the Trijicon MRO to consider:
1. Compact and Lightweight: The MRO is designed to be lightweight and compact, making it suitable for various firearm platforms, including PCCs. Its small form factor allows for easy mounting and maneuverability.
2. Durability: Trijicon is renowned for its rugged and durable optics, and the MRO is no exception. It is built to withstand harsh environments, recoil, and impacts. The optic is made from high-quality materials and is shockproof, waterproof, and fogproof, ensuring reliable performance in all conditions.
3. Clarity and Brightness: The MRO offers a crisp and clear viewing experience with its high-quality optics. The 2 MOA dot reticle is sharp and well-defined, allowing for precise aiming. The brightness adjustment settings provide excellent visibility in various lighting conditions.
4. Long Battery Life: The MRO utilizes a single CR2032 battery and has an impressive battery life. It can last for thousands of hours of continuous use, ensuring that the sight remains powered during extended shooting sessions.
5. Mounting Versatility: The MRO is compatible with a wide range of mounting solutions, allowing it to be easily attached to various firearms, including PCCs. It offers a variety of mounting options, such as low mounts and co-witness mounts, providing flexibility for different shooting preferences.
1. Price: Compared to some other red dot sights on the market, the Trijicon MRO is relatively more expensive. It may be considered a premium option, which can be a potential drawback for budget-conscious buyers.
2. Limited Reticle Options: The MRO typically comes with a 2 MOA dot reticle, which is suitable for most shooting applications. However, if you prefer a different reticle style or size, the limited options available with the MRO may be a drawback.
3. Small Objective Lens: While the MRO provides a wide field of view, the objective lens size is relatively smaller compared to some other red dot sights. This may impact light transmission and result in a slightly reduced sight picture, especially in low-light conditions.
2. Aimpoint PRO Red Dot Reflex Sight
The Aimpoint PRO is a reliable and popular red dot sight suitable for PCCs. It features a 2 MOA dot reticle and offers long battery life, making it a great choice for extended shooting sessions. The PRO is known for its durability and is often praised for its value for the price.
The Aimpoint PRO (Patrol Rifle Optic) is a popular red dot reflex sight known for its reliability and durability. Here are some pros and cons of the Aimpoint PRO to consider:
1. Durability: Aimpoint sights are renowned for their ruggedness, and the PRO is no exception. It is built to withstand harsh conditions, including shock, recoil, and extreme temperatures. The PRO is waterproof and has a long lifespan, making it suitable for demanding environments.
2. Battery Life: The Aimpoint PRO utilizes a high-efficiency LED and features an efficient power management system. It offers up to 30,000 hours (over 3 years) of continuous operation on a single CR123A battery. This extended battery life is a significant advantage for those who require a sight that can remain powered for extended periods.
3. Clear Optics: The PRO features a 2 MOA red dot reticle that provides a clear and precise aiming point. The optics offer excellent clarity and a wide field of view, allowing for quick target acquisition and enhanced situational awareness.
4. Co-Witness Capability: The PRO comes with a removable spacer, allowing for co-witnessing with iron sights. This means that the red dot and iron sights can be aligned simultaneously, providing a backup aiming option in case of optic failure or for close-quarters engagements.
5. User-Friendly Controls: The sight has simple and intuitive controls. It features a rotary dial for brightness adjustment, with a settings range suitable for use in various lighting conditions. The sight also has an always-on mode, eliminating the need for manual activation.
1. Weight and Size: The Aimpoint PRO is relatively larger and heavier compared to some other red dot sights on the market. While it is still compact and lightweight compared to magnified optics, it may add some bulk to the firearm, which can be a consideration for those seeking a more streamlined setup.
2. Limited Reticle Options: The PRO offers a single red dot reticle size (2 MOA), which may not cater to individuals who prefer a different reticle style or size for their shooting needs.
3. Price: The Aimpoint PRO is positioned as a higher-end red dot sight, and its price may be a determining factor for some buyers, especially those on a tight budget.
3. HOLOSUN HS510C 2 MOA Dot
The Holosun HS510C is a versatile red dot sight that offers a large window for enhanced situational awareness. It features a 2 MOA dot reticle with a 65 MOA circle, allowing for rapid target acquisition. The HS510C has multiple brightness settings, solar power backup, and is compatible with a variety of PCC platforms.
Here are the pros and cons of the HOLOSUN HS510C with a 2 MOA dot reticle:
1. Advanced Reticle: The 2 MOA dot reticle provides a precise aiming point for accurate shots. It allows for quick target acquisition and enhanced accuracy.
2. Solar Power: The HS510C features a solar panel on top, which harnesses ambient light to power the reticle. This extends battery life significantly, making it an energy-efficient option.
3. Battery Backup: The sight also has a battery backup option, ensuring reliable operation even in low-light conditions or when solar power is insufficient.
4. Durability: The HS510C is built to withstand harsh conditions. It is shockproof, waterproof, and fog-proof, making it suitable for use in various environments and weather conditions.
5. Wide Field of View: The large viewing window provides a wide field of view, improving situational awareness and target acquisition.
6. Multiple Brightness Settings: The sight offers multiple brightness settings, including an auto mode and manual adjustment, ensuring optimal visibility in different lighting conditions.
1. Size and Weight: The HS510C is relatively larger and heavier compared to some other red dot sights, which may add bulk to the firearm and may not be ideal for those seeking a lightweight setup.
2. Price: The HS510C is positioned in the mid-to-high price range, which may be a consideration for budget-conscious buyers.
3. Limited Reticle Options: The sight only offers a 2 MOA dot reticle, so if you prefer a different reticle style or size, the HS510C may not meet your specific preferences.
4. Vortex Optics Crossfire Red Dot Sight
The Vortex Crossfire is a budget-friendly option that still offers solid performance. It features a 2 MOA dot reticle, adjustable brightness settings, and a rugged construction. The Crossfire is known for its durability and offers good value for the price.
Here are the pros and cons of the Vortex Optics Crossfire Red Dot Sight:
1. Affordable Price: The Crossfire Red Dot Sight is known for its affordability, making it a budget-friendly option for those looking for a reliable red dot sight without breaking the bank.
2. Clear Optics: The sight features a crisp and clear 2 MOA red dot reticle, allowing for quick target acquisition and precise aiming.
3. Battery Life: The Crossfire Red Dot Sight offers a long battery life, allowing for extended use before needing to replace the battery.
4. Durability: The sight is built to be rugged and durable, with shockproof construction and waterproof performance. It can withstand recoil, harsh conditions, and is suitable for various shooting environments.
5. Adjustable Brightness: The sight has adjustable brightness settings, allowing for optimal visibility in different lighting conditions.
6. Easy to Use: The sight has straightforward and user-friendly controls, making it easy to operate and adjust settings.
1. Limited Reticle Options: The Crossfire Red Dot Sight only offers a 2 MOA red dot reticle, which may not cater to individuals who prefer a different reticle style or size for their shooting needs.
2. Fixed Magnification: The sight does not offer any magnification capabilities. It is a non-magnified red dot sight, which may limit its effectiveness for shooters who require magnification for specific applications.
3. Battery Compartment Design: Some users have reported that the battery compartment can be a bit cumbersome to access, requiring the removal of the sight from the firearm for battery changes.
5. Vortex Optics Crossfire Red Dot Sight
The SIG Sauer ROMEO5 is a compact and lightweight red dot sight suitable for PCCs. It features a 2 MOA dot reticle with multiple brightness settings and MOTAC (Motion Activated Illumination) technology for extended battery life. The ROMEO5 is known for its durability and reliability.
Here are the pros and cons of the SIG Sauer ROMEO5 red dot sight:
1. Reliable Performance: The ROMEO5 is known for its reliable performance, offering consistent and accurate aiming.
2. Motion Activated Illumination: The sight features a motion-activated illumination system that turns on when it senses motion and automatically shuts off when not in use, preserving battery life.
3. Extended Battery Life: The ROMEO5 utilizes a highly efficient battery that provides an extended runtime of up to 40,000 hours, ensuring long-lasting performance.
4. Multiple Reticle Options: The sight offers multiple reticle options, including a 2 MOA dot, a 2 MOA dot with a 65 MOA circle, and a 2 MOA dot with ballistic holds, allowing for customization based on your preferences and shooting requirements.
5. Waterproof and Fogproof: The sight is designed to be waterproof and fogproof, ensuring reliable performance in various weather conditions.
6. Lightweight and Compact: The ROMEO5 is lightweight and compact, making it suitable for a variety of firearms without adding excessive weight or bulk.
1. Battery Compartment Design: Some users have reported that the battery compartment can be a bit challenging to access, requiring the removal of the sight from the firearm for battery changes.
2. Limited Adjustment Options: The sight has limited adjustment options compared to higher-end red dot sights, which may limit its ability to compensate for specific shooting scenarios or preferences.
3. Lower Mounting Options: The sight’s low mount height may not be ideal for some shooters who prefer co-witnessing with iron sights or using it on firearms with higher optic mounts.