Holosun 407k vs 507k- ( Red Dot Review )
* OpticsCountry is reader-supported. When you buy through links on my site, I may earn an affiliate commission.*
What’s the difference between Holosun 407k vs 507k? Which Red Dot Optic Is Right For You?
I wanted to find out, so I bought both red dot sights and hand-tested by the end of this Holosun 407k vs 507k comparison review, you’ll know which red dot is best for you.
Holosun 407k and Holosun 507k are both popular red dot sights designed for handguns. Here’s a quick comparison:
– Has a 2 MOA dot reticle.
– Single power setting (no magnification).
– Compact and lightweight design.
– Suitable for pistols and other firearms where a small footprint is desired.
– Features a 2 MOA dot reticle as well as a 32 MOA circle for faster target acquisition (circle-dot reticle).
– Multiple power settings, including solar power option.
– Slightly larger and heavier compared to the 407k.
– Suited for handguns and long guns where versatility and quicker target acquisition are priorities.
In summary, both sights have the same 2 MOA dot reticle, but the Holosun 507k offers a circle-dot reticle and additional power settings, making it more versatile for different shooting scenarios. The Holosun 407k, on the other hand, is a more compact and straightforward option, ideal for those who prefer a simple and lightweight red dot sight.
Holosun 407 vs 507 Comparison
Let’s do a side-by-side comparison of the Holosun 407 vs Holosun 507 in more detail:
– Holosun 407k: Offers a single 2 MOA dot reticle, which provides a precise aiming point for your target.
– Holosun 507k: Provides both a 2 MOA dot reticle and a 32 MOA circle for faster target acquisition. This circle-dot reticle allows you to quickly center your target, making it well-suited for dynamic shooting scenarios.
– Holosun 407k: Comes with multiple brightness settings to adjust the intensity of the dot according to lighting conditions.
– Holosun 507k: Offers multiple brightness settings, like the 407k, but it also includes a solar power option. The solar panel on top of the sight helps to extend battery life, making it an energy-efficient choice.
– Holosun 407k: Typically has a battery life of several thousand hours, depending on the brightness setting used.
– Holosun 507k: With the added solar power feature, the battery life of the 507k can be significantly extended, and it also has a long-lasting battery life even without using solar power.
– Holosun 407k: Compact and lightweight design with a smaller footprint, making it ideal for concealed carry and applications where a smaller sight is preferred.
– Holosun 507k: Slightly larger and heavier compared to the 407k due to the added solar panel and the circle-dot reticle. It’s still suitable for handguns but might be better suited for use on larger pistols or long guns.
– Holosun 407k: Typically weighs less than the 507k due to its smaller size and simpler design.
– Holosun 507k: Slightly heavier than the 407k, but the weight difference is not substantial.
– Holosun 407k: Suited for a wide range of handguns and firearms where a smaller red dot sight is desired, including concealed carry pistols.
– Holosun 507k: While also suitable for handguns, the circle-dot reticle and larger window may be more advantageous on larger pistols or even on long guns like shotguns or rifles.
– Holosun 407k: Generally tends to be a bit more affordable compared to the 507k.
– Holosun 507k: Pricier due to its additional features and versatility.
Holosun 507k vs 407k
The Holosun 407k is a compact red dot sight designed for handguns, featuring a 2 MOA dot reticle and multiple brightness settings. It is lightweight, suitable for concealed carry, and offers a straightforward design for precise aiming.
Holosun 407k Pros:
– Compact and lightweight design.
– 2 MOA dot reticle for precise aiming.
– Multiple brightness settings.
– Suitable for concealed carry and smaller handguns.
Holosun 407k Cons:
– No circle-dot reticle for faster target acquisition.
– Limited battery life compared to models with solar power options.
HOLOSUN HS407K X2 Red 6 MOA Dot Open Reflex Optical Sight
About this item
· HOLOSUN RED DOT SIGHT – The HS407K X2 is an open reflex optical sight designed for subcompact pistol applications; It features Red Super LED with up to 50k hour battery life, a crisp 6MOA dot, and 12 reticle intensity settings; The HS407K X2 is direct for P365X/XL, and requires an adapter plate for slides with a four-boss interface
The Holosun 507k is a red dot sight designed for handguns, featuring a versatile circle-dot reticle (2 MOA dot with a 32 MOA circle) for faster target acquisition. It offers multiple brightness settings, including a solar power option for extended battery life. The 507k is suitable for handguns and long guns, providing excellent performance in various shooting scenarios.
Holosun 507k Pros:
– Versatile circle-dot reticle (2 MOA dot with 32 MOA circle) for quick target acquisition.
– Multiple brightness settings and solar power option for extended battery life.
– Suitable for handguns and long guns, providing versatility in different shooting scenarios.
Holosun 507k Cons:
– Slightly larger and heavier compared to more compact models.
– May be pricier than simpler red dot sights.
HOLOSUN HS507K-X2 Classic Multi Reticle, Red Dot Sight
About this item
· EQUIPMENT INCLUDES: HS507K-X2 Classic Multi Reticle Red Dot Sight in Black, multi tool, lens cloth, and user manual. Additional features include Shake Awake, Multiple Reticle System, Multilayer Reflective Glass and CCW IP67 Waterproof.